Saturday, March 19, 2011

These boots were made for walking

It's been a busy 2 weeks of planning flurry, lots of tears (mostly for Japan) and the changing of more plans (airfares mostly because of Japan). But I didn't forget you, I like you, we should be friends...too creepy?

But on to more cheery and less important but fun things-wedding shoes!
So, we are marrying in Central Park, which may be as cliche in New York as having photos with graffiti in Melbourne but this is what we want for our day, and probs would have done in Melbourne too. So knowing we'll be schlepping from the hotel to Central Park then through the park I didn't think twice about wearing nice flats and I had just the pair in mind-metallic sandals with silver bling which I saw in Myer a month or 2 back on sale but not my size. I have freakishly small feet and can often fit children sized shoes. FH found the last pair at the Diana Ferrari in our old stomping ground, and dream suburb to live, Fairfield. There was only 1 pair in silver and it was my size-freakish 5! Done and done! So cute and low key-if you don't like toes you should look away now,Ewwww, feet! I dropped something on my toe the day before when helping friends move house, nice!
FH has a good eye for what looks good, and suggested that I should have a pair of heels for the photos, as he said, heels can change the way an outfit looks. I don't wear heels much these days after chipping a bone in my foot about 2 years ago. He's right, I need to and would like to as I do love heels. I always had the silver Alan Pinkus heels in mind, however they are steep, very steep. The strange thing is that the silver ones, which appeal to me a lot, are more expensive but look very cheap-like they are made of pleather. Then I saw the same shoe in red, which had a completely different exterior, more looked lovely, made of silk and not as expensive-conflicted!!! The red is less traditional and that has appeal in itself, but the silver pulls me back, till I realise how cheap they look yet are not.




Silver

Red














Then I found these Fetish Louboutin's and felt the war was won :P
I took some pics of a pair of gorgeous cream Louboutin's but the photos looked terrible as obviously the shoes had been well worn and were filthy. I couldn't get the SAs to bring a pair in my size, as they may or may not have existed in kiddie sizes.



HELP? Red or silver, or fetish shoes? I know heels are the way for photos, then that raises the question of do I have my final dress fitting wearing the flats or the heels?

Then by chance I found my wedding night lingerie. Woo, I'm getting a bit hot under the collar thinking about wearing this pink baby!

I'm seriously tempted to get a onesie, just because it will make FH laugh

UPDATE: Overnight we had 2 guests RSVP, who were in our original wedding party-very very exciting! Now there will be 6 in attendance- D and I, best man, groomsman, maid of honour and the very lovely bridesmaid who saved the life of our kitty when we were first in New York.

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see where this heads next. The Wedding night lingerie is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is the traditional wedding colour in China, India & Vietnam - colour of good luck and auspiciousness.

    Personally prefer the fetish Louboutins though - haha.

    Love the wedding night lingerie - that kind of style in a onesie/ footsie would be SEXy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red ones! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hands down red! Those are stunning

    ReplyDelete