Monday, April 4, 2011

Let me take you down, cause I'm going to...

That title sounds so emo, yet this post is not about my life of pain or my love of My Chemical Romance... I actually couldn't name 1 of their songs if my life depended on it-thankfully that emo phase ended with 2007 so I won't have to worry about being tested on what the kids are listening to in a darkened alley by the bassist of Fall Out Boy. My goodness I ramble...and know nothing about music from 2006/2007

It's no secret to anyone who knows me, I love love love The Beatles and have since I was 12 years old. From age 13 I scoured garage sales on Saturday mornings and 2nd hand stores in search of their records to add to my vinyl collection, I even have a first pressing numbered White Album which I found at a trash and treasure market for $10-it was clear that baby wasn't meant to be in there. What I was getting to was that it's no secret that The Beatles are probably my number 1 favourite band of all time. So I guess it's no surprise that we have decided to be married within Strawberry Fields, the John Lennon memorial garden in Central Park.

Specifically at Wagner Cove ------>
I really love the greens in this photo, I also like the way the people in the boat on the lake look like they are sitting in the tree.
Although our wedding is going to be at the start of July and should ideally be warm and sunny, if not humid and sticky, I should probably come up with a wet weather plan...





Once the ceremony and photos are completed we'll be heading back to the hotel for a dinner reception at Gilt. I just love the the deep colours in that pic.And that's the rough plan for the day...for now...

P.S. Less than 3 months to go and I'm getting really nervous. I need to start writing my vows but I get teary thinking about it. I'm totally going to be the blubbering bride with mascara running down her face in the photos-I'm going to own that look!

1 comment:

  1. Wagner cove looks beautiful and I love Gilt, the food is amaaaaazzing. Very Gossip Girl

    ReplyDelete