Thursday, February 17, 2011

Elope with me Miss Private

Well, turns out that despite everyone from Martha Stewart to Google having wedding checklist spreadsheets, I'm yet to find an adequate elopement checklist spreadsheet and, by jingo I need one. You see, I love to plan, I love to plan EVERYTHING to a tee-I need to plan, I'm sure FH only proposed because he wanted to play computer games and needed to distract me with a planning project.
Thank goodness I'm marrying my lovely nerdburger best friend- D is so smarts, D is so smarts, and helped me (I stood there dictating what I wanted and he made the magic happen baby!) to create The Ultimate Elopement Checklist *quickly googles to make sure Oprah hasn't got a copy write on that*... Yes, The Ultimate Elopement Checklist for all your/my elopement planning needs can be found here :) I hope this is as helpful for you as it is for me. If you think of anything I have missed let me know and I'll add it, I need the help with this stuff too as I really didn't/don't know where to start.

So, how different is planning an elopement for 4 guests as opposed to a big(ish)wedding for 80 guests? It's surprisingly not easier or more affordable. You see, it took me less than 3 weeks to plan the big Melbourne wedding. We booked a venue, celebrant, photographer, ordered the gown, the flowers, the invites and RSVPs, purchased the bridesmaids dresses, the bonbonerrie candy buffet, the rings, the hotel stay. But in 2 weeks we have only decided on a location-New York, and even then that wasn't my idea, so technically I've not done a thing other than faff around on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment